Monday, April 25, 2011

Trying to Get Tickets

I think it's about time I post my first blog. They say it's better late than never. Who are they who say this?  I wanna meet them and tell them it's their fault it took me this long to post my first blog of this college symester and why I'm drifting off the topic I want to talk about right now.  About 3 months ago I tried to get tickets to my favorite show, the funniest show ever.  Saturday Night Live.  It was January 8th, on a saturday of course, and the very funny Jim Carrey was hosting the show that night.  I've never been to the show and I figured that night would be a great night to see my first show.  It was my birthday and I felt like spending the day in nyc with my girlfriend anyway, so why not give it a shot and try to watch the show.  For those that don't know SNL tickets are given out in a lottery system.  You must send out an email in August and hope you get tickets for either a live show or a dress rehearsal on a random Saturday night.  If you don't have tickets you can get stand-by tickets the morning of the show, but they don't gurantee that you will get in. Jim Carrey is obviously a very popular comedian so I knew there would be a lot of people trying to get stand by tickets.  I was still optimistic because of the snowstorm the night before, so I was hoping that a lot of people with tickets wouldn't show up. My girlfriend and I arrived a half an hour late at 7:30 am and our ticket numbers were 150 and 151.  I learned the hard way that it is very tough to get in the show and many dedicated fans of the show are determined to get in. I later learned that some fans camp out on the street starting on wednesday of the week that there is a show to gurantee an early place in line. The tickets are first come first serve so I clearly missed out by a long shot.  I still made it home in time that night to watch the show on tv.  It was hilarious as usual. Im looking forward to this August to try and get tickets through the lottery system.

No comments:

Post a Comment