Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Zach

    The show that I was probably most excited to watch this season was when Zach Galifianakis.  Zach is unlike any other comedian and perfomer I've ever seen.  He has such silly humor and mannerisms that makes him creative and original.  I first became aware of him when he appeared in a snowboard comedy movie called Out Cold.  He is probably best know for his recent role in the movie The Hangover.  He is a comic icon now and it was great to hear that he would be hosting the show.  His opening monologue for the show was silly and rediculous and nothing less.  At one point during his monologue he ripped off his suit to reveal that he was wearing a little red dress like the girl from the movie Anne wore.  He was off to a good start.  My favorite sketch that he was in was the last one of the show.  The skit took place on one of the life boats of the Titanic after it had sank.  I was a boat supposed to be for women only, but Zach's character was dressed up as lady so he could be safe.  I hope he hosts again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment